AAPPN is a member-driven professional association.
Volunteering with AAPPN can help you get to know your colleagues, build your leadership skills, and support your profession. The time commitment and depth of involvement is up to you.
Groups meet online, so you won’t spend your time in traffic!
Volunteers needed now!
- Advocacy eGroup: Volunteer to address issues related to your practice. We’ll contact you when issues come up to get your opinion on bills, rules, and potential action. Practice areas include:
- Community health
- Opioid and other addiction issues
- Working with Medicaid patients
- Working with children and adolescents
- Working with schools, law enforcement, or other agencies
- and much more! What is your practice specialty?
- Legislative Committee: Be a part of the team to help protect and enhance your profession. Learn about legislation, and help formulate AAPPN’s position on issues. (Jan.-March; 5 hours/month. Occasionally during the rest of the year.)
- Rules Committee: Work with your colleagues to ensure that psychiatric ARNPs are fairly represented in the rules drafted by the Dept. of Health, Nursing Commission, and Health Care Authority. (Year-round; 2 hours/month)
- Membership Committee: Help to develop strategies to reach out to members and connect with potential members. (Year-round; 2 hours/month)
Volunteers always welcome:
- Awards Committee: Help recognize the stars of our profession. Activities include defining our award categories and helping to select award recipients. (March-Nov.; 1-2 hours/month)
- Nominating Committee: Don’t have time for a Board position? Help identify the next generation of AAPPN leaders. Work with your colleagues to cultivate leaders to take on Board positions. (Nov.-March; 2 hours/month)
- Education Committee: Lend your voice to plan AAPPN’s educational activities, including our Spring and Fall Conferences. (Year-round; 2 hours/month)
- Chapter Chairs and eGroup Leaders: Build connection in your professional community. Whether it is coordinating educational or social meetings or helping to lead email discussions on practice topics, you can help AAPPN and build your professional network. (Year-around; 3 hours/month)